19 March 2009

Super-Chase Involuntarily Baptized In Waters of Highland Mall Coin Fountain

AUSTIN, 19Mar, 6:30 PM, Year of Our Lord 2009:
Chase , after throwing in at least a dozen pennies safely and unmolested , gets too close to the 'bottom' descending step of the fountains by Dillards, and trips up on Batman sneakers. 70-year-old-birthday-boy Granddaddy Bob cannot react quickly enough. Dad is too many steps away. Result: one completely soaked little boy with a shocked expression of 'Not What I Intended.'

Luckily, said boy is very brave, loves water, and although shivering, patiently allows team of mom, dad, grandmother, grandfather, and big sister to conduct coin fountain rescue drill. Soon, thanks to kind Vietnamese ladies at adjoining nail shop, Dad has towel in hand, Chase is dried off, sports new diaper and cotton windbreaker brought by mom, baptism garments are tossed in Payless Shoes bag, boy gets lots of sympathetic hugs and kisses, and soon all is well again. Dad counts experience as good object lesson for boy...water was only 1 ft. deep, boy will remember next time, and Dad will take him to pool in San Antonio tomorrow to swim for real.

2 comments:

Kelly Sessions said...

I could hardly get past the TITLE!!! hahahaha laughing outloud!

I can picture everything...Grandad just standing there not much he can do, maybe a little chuckle....I'm just disapointed in that boy...surely I would have thought he might take a few victory laps around or something!

Oh, I wish I could have been there...not to say I wouldnt have helped out and been alarmed...but I'd be laughing!

Case & Kani Herrington said...

K-

I was expecting kani to be rather non-plussed at me for letting it happen(actually, it wasn't me, it was Bob supposed to be watching him for that instant...)

But Kani was in stitches , along with about 20 people observing...

then , last night, (it's early Friday) he had green exorcist diahrria from that dirty fountain water-must have swallowed a bunch!


In Waikiki, Feb 2010