14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, Even to Patriots

Time to say some nice things, on this special day. It was only 3 short years ago this past January. I was living in a place called Largo, Florida, enjoying life, traveling all over, walking on the beach in the morning, seeing dolphins, getting ready for the 'next big thing.' I was happy, but I was alone. Boy, did God ever have something in store for me.

After church one Sunday, I went out to lunch with some church members, most of whom I had not yet become aquainted with. Sitting by me was a pretty 4th grader with golden curls, a bubbly personality, and a familiar twang. She and I made fast friends, chatting away as I could see in 'me peripherys' her Mom watching with curiousity. All at the table that day would later say that 'something big was brewing.'

Soon enough, phone numbers were exchanged, a fender-bender first date, ditched at the State Fair, compared & contrasted, and pretty soon, we were standing together on the shores of Honolulu, exchanging vows, and clutching a certificate of adoption.

We believe that all the years before this time were God's preparation of us for what we share now. Neither Kani or I were really 'looking for someone' at the time we met, but God helped us find each other. We are so blessed, we have everything. A wonderful marriage. Two beautiful children. A comfortable home. We love our Church. We travel all over the world in first class. We love & cherish our extended families. Happiness, in our marriage and our faith and our family, is much better than status, there is no comparison. And now we even have a brand new grill, and I can have steak & green bean casserole any time I like.

So to my beautiful Queen, and my pretty Princess, I say HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (you too Chase)

No comments:


In Waikiki, Feb 2010