28 March 2009

You're An Errand Boy Sent By Grocery Clerks to Sprinkle Cheese On Our Ravioli

I'm desperately trying to lose a little weight for my upcoming Aggie reunion...

Observe my diligence: last night we went to Olive Garden, I drank both our wine samples, (it's free), then Kani and I shared the mushrooms portabella and stuffed mushrooms appetizer...mushrooms are not fattening. I ate lots of salad first(it's free), and breadsticks(free too), and when Hannah did not finish her last cheese stick with marinara sauce, I did not want it to go to waste...

Not good enough? ....yes, I know... who am I kidding? But I've always been big. In high school, I was referred to as 'Teddybear.' But imagine trying to protect the quarterback from guys like Northbrook's Ty Allert(NFL) or Angleton's David Stanley(SMU's Benedict Arnold). Being Pooh just doesn't cut it. Was I supposed to 'honey' them to death?

So this is my strategy...last night, after that delicious dinner, we stopped at my barber's on FM 1960. I got a #3 cut...rather short. I will be working some outside this week, so I should get some nice sun. Then if I wear some loose fitting dark clothes and hide my weight, kind of like what Coppola did with Brando when he showed up tubby for Apocolypse Now...

But who am I kidding...

Today is Saturday, and we have a busy weekend planned. So, crepes would be an excellent start to a busy day. And to make them correctly, that is, the way my precious family knows them and loves them, I am REQUIRED to use a nice, rich beer...this time I'm trying Carta Blanca. And of course, must have Nutella to spread on top. But, the other garnish will just be strawberries...strawberries are not fattening.

3 comments:

Riley:) said...

Ohmigosh!!!! Y'all love crepes and nutella, too???? I am the crepe cook in the family haha tell everyone I said hi!!

Case & Kani Herrington said...

Ok Riley,
I am coming to your house soon and we are having a crepe-off!! Casey

FROM HANNAH: hey girl! you should really come back to texas, cause you have GOT to be freezing up there!come down and i'll give you a cookie....

Kelly Sessions said...

hey, sorry i didnt call kani...I was hanging out all day with mom yesterday outside...I'm at work today but what is this i hear about meeting someone? Let me know. I will be here this weekend but I have a bridal shower on Saturday.


In Waikiki, Feb 2010